查看原文
其他

为什么大多数人不喜欢自己声音的录音?

Love English 2 2022-12-23

Most people report not liking the sound of their voice recording.

很多人反应说不喜欢他们声音的录音。

So what does that mean?

那这意味着什么呢?

I belive that we have to start with understanding that we have more than one voice.

You have a different voice for every person you talk to

If I take a little snippet of your voice and I analyze it,

如果我截取一小段你的声音然后进行剖析,

I can know whether you’re talking to your mother, to your brother,

我可以知道你是在和你妈妈,哥哥,

your friend or your boss.

朋友,还是你的老板说话。

So all of that is the voice other people hear when you talk.

这都是你说话时别人所听到的声音。

So why is it that we’re so unfamiliar with it?

那为什么我们自己对于这些声音却那么陌生呢?

Why is it that it’s not the voice that we hear?

为什么这些不是我们自己所听到的声音?

So to perceive this voice, it first has to travel to your ears.

为了察觉到这个声音,它最开始传播到你的耳朵。

 

And your outward voice travels through the air

你的外在声音在空气中传播,

while your inward voice travels through your bones.

同时你内在声音在你的骨头中传播。

This is called bone conduction.

这就是骨传导。

Because of this, your inward voice is going to sound in a lower register

如此一来,你的内在声音的音域会更低,

and also more musically harmonical than your outward voice.

也会比外在的声音听起来更和谐。

Once it travels there, it has to access your inner ear.

当它传播到那里,必须进入到你的内耳。

And there’s this other mechanism taking place here.

这就涉及到另一个原理。

It’s a mechanical filter,

这是一种机械过滤,

it’s a little partition that comes and protects your inner ear

是在你每一次发声的时候

each time you produce a sound.

能够保护你内耳的一种分隔器。

So it also reduces what you hear.

所以你听到的内容也会有所减少。

And then there is a third filter, it’s a biological filter.

还有第三种过滤,是一种生物过滤。

Your cochlea -- it’s a part of your inner ear that processes the sound --

你的耳蜗——用来处理声音的 内耳的一部分——

is made out of living cells.

是由活细胞组成的。

And those living cells are going to trigger differently

那些活细胞会根据它们是否频繁地听到某种声音

according to how often they hear the sound.

而被不同程度地激发。

It’s a habituation effect.

这是一种习惯效应。

So because of this,

因此,

as your voice is the sound you hear the most in your life,

你自己的声音虽然是你一生中最常听到的声音,

you actually hear it less than other sounds.

实际上却比其他声音更少的被你的听觉接收。


You voice is a very complex phenomenon.It requires s synchronization of more than 100 muscles in your body. And by listening to the voice, we can understand possible failures of what happens inside. For example, listening to very specific type of turbulences and nonlinearity of the voice can help predict very early stages of Parkinsons, just through a phone call. Listening to the breathiness of the voice can help detect heart disease. And we also know that the changes of tempo inside individual words is very good marker of depression. So I hope Ive left you with a beeter appreciation, a new appreciation of all of your voice and the role it plays inside and outside of you, as your voice is very critical determinant of what makes you humans and of how you interact with the world.

帮你记单词:
1. perceive [pərˈsiːv]  v.注意到;意识到;察觉到;将…理解为;将…视为;认为
per 贯穿 + ceive 抓 → 全部抓住 → 发觉
I perceived a change in his behaviour.
我注意到他举止有些改变。
 
2. phenomenon [fəˈnɑːmɪnən]  n.现象;杰出的人;非凡的人(或事物)
phen 显示;外观 + omen 预兆 + on 名词后缀 → 显示预兆 → 现象
Globalization is a phenomenon of the 21st century.
全球化是21世纪的现象。
 
3. mechanism [ˈmekənɪzəm]  n.机械装置;机件;方法;机制;(生物体内的)机制,构造
mechan 机器,机械 + ism 名词后缀,表主义,思想 → 机理,机制
a delicate watch mechanism
精致的手表机件
 
4. synchronization [ˌsɪŋkrənaɪ'zeɪʃ(ə)n]  n.同时;同时性;同步;同期[步]录音
synchronize 同步 + ation 名词后缀 → 同步
synchronize [ˈsɪŋkrənaɪz]  v.(使)同步,在时间上一致,同速进行
syn 共同 + chron 时间 + ize 动词后缀 → 同时发生
Data-arrival and thread-completion synchronization.
数据到达和线程完成同步。
 
5. turbulence [ˈtɜːrbjələns]  n.骚乱;动乱;动荡;混乱;(空气和水的)湍流,涡流,紊流
turbulent的名词形式。
turbulent [ˈtɜːrbjələnt]  adj.动荡的;动乱的;骚动的;混乱的;汹涌的;猛烈的;湍动的;混乱而难以控制的
turb 搅动 + ulent 形容词后缀 → 搅动太多的 → 骚乱的
We experienced severe turbulence during the flight.
我们在飞行中遇到了强烈的气流。
 
6. nonlinearity  n.非线性
linearity  n.(直)线性;线性度
linear [ˈlɪniər]  adj.线的;直线的;线状的;通过单独的若干阶段来发展;长度的
line 直线,线条 + ar 形容词后缀 → 线的,直线的
In his art he broke the laws of scientific linear perspective.
他在自己的绘画艺术中打破了科学的直线透视法规律。
 
7. tempo [ˈtempoʊ] n.(乐曲的)速度,拍子,节奏;(运动或活动的)速度
temp〔= tempor时间〕+ o 音乐术语及乐器名称 → 节拍;速度
It's a difficult piece, with numerous changes of tempo.
这支曲子节奏变化多,难度很大。


长按识别二维码可关注该微信公众平台

经典回顾
你为什么总是很累?
BBC纪录片丨《法外之地——揭秘英属开曼群岛》
2020奥斯卡最佳真人短片《邻居的窗》双重窥探的视角很触动
柠檬树《Lemon Tree》
徐志摩:《再别康桥》
民谣《500 Miles》
好玩又好记的英文谚语(8)
穷人大多会把钱花在这16件事上,看看你中招了没有?
铁道部1850万制作宣传片《中国铁路》(2010年)
YOUTH-青春
英文字母象形、哲学逻辑意义大解析—J,j
YOUTH——Troye Sivan
大学各类专业的英语名称(4)
七夕,有情人终成眷属!
真正的高贵 True Nobility 海明威写过的最美的句子

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存